Get to Know Your Foot & Ankle Specialist
Dr. Andre Williams completed his undergraduate studies at Florida A&M University in Tallahassee, FL where he earned his BS in Biology. He then attended Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine in Miami Shores, FL where he received the Dean's Scholarship and was on the Dean's Honor List while working toward his DPM degree in 2002.
After graduating podiatry school Dr. Williams completed a Foot & Ankle Residency at South Miami Hospital under directors Jason Hanft, DPM & Keith Kashuk, DPM.
Dr. Williams has been in Private Practice since 2005 with Foot and Ankle Centers of Charlotte County. He is a member of several professional podiatry organizations and is a Certified Wound Care Specialist by the American Board of Wound Management.
Publications & Research
- Hanft JR, Temar KL, Williams AM - Indirect Benefits of Tissue Replacements Justify Cost. - Biomechanics 9 (12) 2002. Pages 45-50
- Temar KL, Warren WJ Kyramarios D, William AM - Diabetic Foot Infections: Identification and Treatment. - Podiatry Management. June/July 2003. Pages 83-94
- Hanft JR, Williams AM, Kyramarios D, Temar KL - Tissue Replacements are Cost Effective. - Podiatry Today. July 2003. Pages 66-70
- Mist Ultra-Sound Therapy for the Treatment of Diabetic Foot Wounds. - Research Assistant 2003
- Advanced Tissue Science/Dermagraft Venous Phase 2 Clinical Trials. - Research Assistant 2002
- American Podiatric Medical Association, 2002-present
- American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons, Fellow, 2003 to present
- American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics & Primary Podiatric Medicine, Board Qualified, 2003
- Florida Podiatric Medical Association, 2005-present
- Charlotte County Podiatric Medical Association, 2005 to Present.
- Charlotte County Medical Society, 2005 to present
- Fawcett Memorial Hospital, Port Charlotte, FL
- Peace River Regional Medical Center (formerly Bon Secours-St. Joseph Hospital), Port Charlotte, FL
- Charlotte Regional Medical Center Hospital, Punta Gorda, FL
- Gulf Pointe Surgical Center, Port Charlotte, FL
Certifications & Licensures
- State of Florida #PO 3153
- Bayfront Health Punta Gorda (Formerly Charlotte Regional Medical Center) - Chief of the Medical Staff, 2014 to present - Vice Chief of the Medical Staff, 2011 to 2013 - Secretary/ Treasurer of the Medical staff, 2009 to 2011 - At-large Member of the MEC, 2008 to 2009 - Chief of Surgery 2007 to 2008
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons, Division 5 - Vice President 2014 to present - Secretary/ Treasurer 2013 to 2014
- Charlotte County Podiatric Medical Association - President, 2012 to present - Vice President, 2010 to 2012 - Secretary/Treasurer, 2008 to 2010
- Charlotte County Medical Society - Vice President of the Board of Directors 2015 - Secretary / Treasurer of the Board of Directors 2014 - At-large member of the Board of Directors 2012 to 2013
- Florida Podiatric Medical Association - Chief of the President’s Council 2014 - Treasurer 2016
Dr. Andre Willaims is available for appointments at: