Get to Know Your Foot & Ankle Specialist
Dr. Samir Vakil completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Florida where he earned his BS in Microbiology. He then attended Barry University in Miami Shores, FL where he earned his MS in Biomedical Sciences before completing his DPM degree at Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine.
After graduating podiatry school Dr. Vakil completed a Foot & Ankle Trauma Fellowship in Feldkirch, Austria, followed by a Podiatric Surgical Residency at St. Francis Central Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA.
Dr. Vakil has been in Private Practice since 1993. He is a member of the Florida Podiatric Medical Association, where he has served as Secretary, Treasurer, 2nd Vice-President, 1st Vice-President and President. He is also past Treasurer and President of the Charlotte County Podiatric Medical Association. Dr. Vakil is on the Surgical Care Evaluation Committee at Charlotte Regional Medical Center, where he also served as Chief of the Department of Surgery from 2005-2006. He is also on the Surgical Care Evaluation Committee at Peace River Regional Medical Center (formerly Bon Secours-St. Joseph Hospital), where in 2007 he served on the Executive Board as well.
- Charlotte County Physician for Volunteer Services
- Virginia B Andes Clinic Volunteer Physician
- Charlotte County Podiatric Medical Association, Past President
- Florida Podiatric Medical Association, Past President
- Charlotte County Medical Society, Past President
- Boy Scouts of America, Past Scout Master
- Fawcett Memorial Hospital, Port Charlotte, FL
- Peace River Regional Medical Center (formerly Bon Secours-St. Joseph Hospital), Port Charlotte, FL
- Charlotte Regional Medical Center Hospital, Punta Gorda, FL
- Harborside Surgical Center, Punta Gorda, FL
- Gulf Pointe Surgical Center, Port Charlotte, FL
Certifications & Licensures
- State of Florida #PO 002258
- Fellow– American College of Foot & Ankle Orthopedics & Medicine
- Board Certified – American Board of Podiatric Medicine
- Fellow– American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons
- Board Certified in Foot Surgery by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery 1997 to 8/31/2017
- Certified Wound Specialist, American Academy of Wound Management 1999 to Present
Dr. Samir Vakil is available for appointments at: